Suzanne's Chickpea Salad
Are you looking for a Healthy, nutritious lunch packed with beans, avocado, veggies AND tastes great! Well, do I have the recipe for you!
This Chickpea salad has no fattening mayo, sugar or salt added. You can use any veggies that you like, the only two ingredients that are required are chickpeas and avocado. You can serve it on Lettuce or make a sandwich with a whole grain bread. It’s so versatile, so let’s get to it!
1 - 7.75 oz can Garbanzo Beans (chickpeas)
1 - small cucumber slice
1 - small red pepper slice
2 - small carrot slices
1 - small onion slice
3 - Kalamata olives
1 small sprig of Basil
Ground pepper to taste
1/2 - Avocado
Salad greens or spinach
Optional - *Whole grain bread
You can reference the picture for the veggie amounts. As you can see they are small slices and you can add to taste.
Let’s put it all together:
- Pour Chickpeas into a bowl.
- Chop all veggies, olives and fresh basil in small pieces.
- Add veggies, olives, fresh basil, and ground pepper to the chickpeas.
- Mash chickpea mixture with a fork (it can stay chunky)
- Scoop Avocado out of the shell and put it into the chickpea mixture.
- Mash it all together to the consistency of your liking. I like mine a little chunky.
- Place greens on a plate, garnish with grape tomatoes sliced in half and a lemon wedge.
- Then place half the Chickpea Salad on the greens, sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
- Squeeze the lemon on the salad just before eating. Enjoy!
*The Chickpea Salad can also be made into a sandwich using whole grain bread